Hello there, have a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable.

February 24, 2013

Short and Sweet




 Sometimes I'll get hankering for a verity of tastes in decor, or for lavish clothing and start feeling miserable because I know I wont get what I want. I'll try to remedy my selfish desires by dressing my hair a certain way or putting on more makeup, but if that doesn't work I'll portray as Audrey Hepburn in front of the mirror. If I can't feel good about my figure I'll run to my sister and ask her if I'm pretty, which usually ends up with me sobbing and her leaving me in my self-pity. The conclusion: with wanting more comes more heart brake.

I have come to the understanding that if I look away from my vain desires face reality, with the contentment of being happy with what I have and not what I want, I end up feeling content and satisfied. Now if there's something tantalizing my flesh I'll revert to something I'm thankful for, like fresh air or shoes that I've worn for three years, the ones with the tattered soles and faded color, and thank God for blessing me with durable foot ware.

If you can't think of something to be thankful for make a list throughout the day and when the "ache" begins read that list and thank God for each good thing he provided for you.

 “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” - Audrey Hepburn
  ~Nicole

1 Responses:

  1. Oh this is a beautiful post! A heart content with the things the Lord has given you far surpasses any kind of earthly "treasure". Y'all have a lovely blog here!
    Reality can be rough, but it helps smooth out our corners that need chiseled. ;)
    I just subscribed and look forward to seeing future posts! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, for taking the time to comment on my blog! It is always a pleasure to here what my readers have to think. If you have any questions you want answered, you can go to my contact page.

NOTE: I will remove any comments that I feel aren't appropriate.

Sarah Elizabeth